Concrete does indeed have a low cost per square foot, but over time, concrete will crack as a result of weather changes, and the color and composition of the repairing material may not always match the original. With every ‘do over’, the appearance of your property may be affected – not to mention the costs that keep adding up or the fact that this type of paving is not instantly usable. Stone or brick pavers, on the other hand, may be the ideal solution for patios, driveways and walkways, for a number of reasons:
- Increases their structural capacity over time
- Eliminates the possibility of cracks
- Can be utilized immediately after installation
- Easily maintained, as every brick or stone can be removed and replaced, and sand levels can be treated.
- Wide range of surface finishes, colors and shapes
Brick pavers and stone bricks are great to look at, yet it’s the durability and easy maintenance that truly makes it shine over the less reliable concrete or asphalt solutions.